Mark Schneider of CTV's "Digital Desktop" and IBM e-business(tm) Advisor Tom Vassos illustrate how the 'right tech tools' can make your small office or home office successful.
All episode summaries and supplemental information written by Anthony Leong, with material and assistance from Tom Vassos, his book Strategic Internet Marketing, and Mark Schneider.
List of Episodes
- All about CTV's Digital Desk
- When it's on the air
- Learn about the series regulars: Tom Vassos, Susan Langdon, Crystal Siemens, and Serena Deparis
- What the Internet can do for you
- Avoiding 'Internet Myopia'
- Develop your search engine savvy
- Using research tools and finding industry information
- The 'instant' focus group
- What is a business plan and how to write one
- Resources on the web for winning business plans
- Financing 101 for the entrepreneur
- Sources of financing and financing information on the web
- Information for Canadian business, all in one convenient web site
- How to reduce your long distance charges with Internet fax and telephone services
- How to business network without leaving your office
- Build a web site that your existing and potential customers will want to visit time and time again
- Inexpensive ways of getting started in web site creation
- How to get your web site listed with search engines
- How to make sure your web sites shows up at the top of the list
- Using UseNet to publicize your web site
- Get web-wired and real-wired
- On-line commerce success stories
- How successful retailers mimic the real world shopping experience
- Internet security
- Online payment systems
- All about cool Internet technologies, like Shockwave, Apple Quicktime VR, GIF-89A animation, and Java
- Can your web site be too cool for its own good?
- How to select the right computing equipment for your small business without blowing your budget
- Learn about modems, printers, scanners, and Internet Service Providers
- Tom Vassos turns fashion photographer as he uses different imaging technologies to capture the fashion creations of Crystal and Serena, including scanning services, digital cameras, and digital video cameras.
- How to manage your e-mail and mailing lists more effectively
- Tools you can use to send out your e-mail correspondence and to ensure that all your e-mail is answered
- Online resources that will help turn the small business into a global business
- Language translation tools, currency converters, shipping services, and international trade leads
- Tom Vassos shows Susan the multitude of business services available on the web, including banking, credit checking, and consulting.
- Though it has been sixteen weeks since the TFI crew was introduced to the wonders of computing technologies and the Internet, their journey of discovery is only beginning.
- Here's a quick way to find the information you want in the "This New SoHo" episode guide!
- Pictures of the latest cyber-rave fashions by Serena DeParis
- Pictures of the latest elegant but edgy fashions by Crystal Siemens
Fashion Images Repository
- Take a virtual tour of the Toronto Fashion Incubator
- See the production crew in action
This page hosted byGet your own Free Homepage